We created the WINGS Philanthropy Data Network as a means to provide the sector with a better understanding of philanthropy worldwide.
In partnership with the Foundation Center, we're collecting and analysing information with the goal of giving philanthropic organisations better access to sound global data.
|Our Network In Numbers|
We're a global network of more than 140 organisations in more than 50 countries. In 2012, we conducted a survey in partnership with the Foundation Center to draw a better picture of the WINGS network, and in the process learned more about the sector as a whole. More than a third of the network responded.
View the Infographic »
Data Collection and Standardisation
|Member Questionnaire Report Summary|
We compared questionnaires sent by organisations in Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America. As a result we were able to build a template that accounts for both similarities and gaps, providing a set of model questions to help standardise the way our members collect data on foundations.
Network participants can view the report summary below:
View the Questionnaire Analysis »
Full WINGS members can access the full report in the Data Resource Centre.
|Data Resource Centre|
Now full WINGS members can get a better idea of what their members need by looking at what other WINGS members are asking. From our new Data Resource Centre, full WINGS members can access:
- A customisable questionnaire template to help improve the data collection process.
- Samples of questionnaires used in the field.
- A full report with in-depth analysis of the main questions.
- A Discussion Forum for peer-learning and data collection improvement.
Full Report and Member Questionnaires »
How do WINGS members fare in terms of social media and technology, resource mobilisation and knowledge management? We ran a few surveys to find out.
See the Results »
What's Your Data?
|We're giving our members the unique opportunity to be part of this new global effort, and every contribution counts. If you're part of the WINGS network and haven't updated your profile, follow the instructions below. The process only takes about 30 minutes.|
|Update Your Profile
- Visit the WINGS Homepage and log in with your username and password.
- On your profile page, click "Edit" on the blue line labeled "Profile".
Don't see your profile? Click "profile home" on the menu to the right.
- Enter your current information in the fields provided. Be sure to update your password.
- To add a social network (Facebook, Twitter), click "Networks" on the menu to the right.
- To add a logo, click the icon by the organisation name.
Privacy: You can choose which answers to share. For visibility options, click the green or red padlock icon next to the question. Here you can make your answer "public" (visible to everyone), "members only" (visible to WINGS members), or "private" (visible to WINGS staff only).
Have a question? Contact Us »