WINGS is a hub for research and knowledge building. We are committed to improving the quality of and data on philanthropy worldwide—a motto we use to take research, reporting and knowledge sharing to the next level.
Our goal is to serve as a hub for knowledge and innovation on issues related to philanthropy by:
- Offering a platform for communication and networking among members.
- Providing objective and reliable information on issues related to philanthropy.
- Developing a global system for collecting and analysing data on philanthropy.
Philanthropy Data Network
Demand for reliable, globally comparable data on philanthropy has never been greater. How can we increase the amount of data available, in a way that is comparable within and across regions? WINGS Philanthropy Data Network offers a standardised data collection and knowledge sharing platform that provides a comprehensive and strategic perspective on the field’s characteristics, trends and collaborations.
The WINGS Philanthropy Data Network helps the sector:
- Map and organise information on global philanthropy infrastructure.
- Understand patterns of giving and funding worldwide.
- Make strategic decisions based on accurate data.
- Coordinate and collaborate to achieve greater impact.
- Increase awareness and knowledge about the value of philanthropy.
Global Consultation on Philanthropy Data
WINGS is conducting, jointly with the Foundation Center, a series of consultations with international actors from the field to generate critical thinking about the magnitude and nature of the challenges of the philanthropy data landscape; explore the ways in which data efforts could be improved; and work towards a common vision and principles for global data on philanthropy. To that end, the consultations will produce a Global Philanthropy Data Charter.
Our Knowledge Center is a clearinghouse for publications produced by WINGS, our network participants and other publishers of philanthropic information. When a document is included on the Knowledge Center it is within the WINGS network, and also part of a broad network of philanthropy knowledge channels and platforms. You can subscribe to the center feed, or add your organisation's knowledge to the global collection.
Institutional Philanthropy: Our 2010 Global Institutional Philanthropy Report was the first ever to collect information on institutional giving worldwide.
Community Foundations: The 2010 CF Global Status Report is the sixth in a series of reports on the development of community foundations around the world, serving as a main reference in the field.