Conversations on Social Good continue: Technology, social media and innovative thinking for social change. Next stop… Brazil
November 6-8, 2012 | Florianópolis, Brazil and via live stream worldwide
Following the Social Good Summit (presented by Mashable, UN Foundation and 92Y) and joining the Global Conversation on technology, social media and innovative thinking for social change, Brazil will host the Social Good Brazil International Seminar.
The seminar brings together influential minds, social entrepreneurs, innovators and business and community leaders from all over the country, as well as international specialists such as Beth Kanter (The Networked Nonprofit), Simon Mainwaring (We First), Aaron Sherinian (UN Foundation), and Peter Sims (Little Bets). The event is going to connect people from all walks of life to share ideas and actions to make the world a better place.
The Social Good Brazil Seminar will take place on the island of Florianópolis, Brazil, on the 6th, 7th and 8th of November for a group of one thousand attendees, and will be shared around the world via live stream. As with the Social Good Summit, a Digital Media Lounge will gather journalists, bloggers, and social media opinion makers that will report, discuss and share from the site to a global online audience that will be able to interact live.
Among the Brazilian speakers, Reinaldo Pamponet (ItsNOON ) is going to share his insights on a new networked economy, Edgar Morato (Saútil) and Rodrigo Bandeira (Cidade Democrática) will tell their story of social good initiatives, pointing out the challenges and opportunities. Among the international speakers, Aaron Sherinian (UN Foundation) will present a panorama of social good in the world and Beth Kanter (The Networked Nonprofit) will address how to use social media to drive change.
The seminar is an initiative of VOL and ICom the Community Foundation for Greater Florianópolis, in partnership with the UN Foundation, Fundação Telefônica, Instituto C&A, IBM Brasil, Techsoup Brasil, InterAmerican Foundation and other local partners.
Where: Centro Integrado de Cultura Avenida Governador Irineu Bornhausen (CIC), 5600, Agronômica Florianópolis – SC, Brasil, 88025-202
When: Tuesday to Thursday, November 6-8, 2012
November 6: from 6 pm to 22 pm (local time UTC -2)
November 7 and 8: from 1 pm to 7 pm (local time UTC -2)
Agenda and speakers:
For details and a complete list of speakers visit: www.sgb.org.br/english
- Aaron Sherinian – VP of Communications and PR of the UN Foundation, member of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) and the National Association of Government Communicators (NAGC)
- Beth Kanter – Named one of the "most influential women in technology” by Fast Company Magazine, and one of the "voices of innovation for Social Media”, she co-authored "The Networked Nonprofit: Connecting with Social Media to Drive Change”.
- Gilson Schwartz – Sociologist, economist, journalist and entrepreneur, Director of Games for Change Latin America.
- Peter Sims – Consultant and award-winning entrepreneur, author of the best-seller "Little Bets”, which grew out of collaboration with faculty at Stanford’s Institute of Design (the d.school).
- Reinaldo Pamponet – Ashoka Fellow, partner at ItsNOON, a marketplace for creative economy and one of the "50 Greatest Innovators of the Brazilian Digital World” by Proxxima Magazine.
- Rodrigo Bandeira – Specialist in web citizenship, founder of Cidade Democrática, a successful online platform that promotes civic engagement.
- Rodrigo Cunha – Journalist, Head of PR at LiveAD, Senior TEDx Ambassador in Latin America and organizer of Rio +Social.
- Simon Mainwaring – Specialist in branding and social media, author of the best-seller "We First”. International speaker with engagements including Cannes International Advertising Festival and brands such as Google, Coca-Cola and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.