Creating a Brand Toolbox
Brandingvii is the visual, emotional and rational image that can be associated with an
organisation or product, but is not equal to the association‘s name or logo. A brand reflects the
name, logo, attributes of the association, positioning, corporate culture and behavior of the people
in it, supporters‘ perception, consistent marketing image and messaging over time.
Well-known brands evoke meaning, values, connections, expectations in the market.
Objectives of an Identifiable Brand, includes:
- Delivers the organisation’s message clearly
- Confirms credibility
- Connects with the audience emotionally
- Motivates the audience to take action
- Develops audience loyalty over time
Branding Your Organisation
Building the Brand
- Name and logo: foundation of building blocks for the brand
- Develop a tagline (slogan or catchphrase) that offers an insight into the mission of the association, e.g., "Advancing Effective and Responsible Philanthropy” of Associated Grant Makers (AGM)
- How your organisation presents itself to the public; work with designer.
- Ensure all materials and electronic communications convey consistent look and message.
- Create a style guide (fonts/colors/images) ensures all staff using same standards
AGM‘s Branding Effort